Lakes and rivers surround the Twin Cities, but it can be tough to navigate the hundreds of options for muscle-powered boating. Ticket to Glide opens the door to soul-satisfying fitness in your neighborhood, listing the 50 best kayak launch-points—from an author who has kayaked at 300 sites.
This book delivers:
- Realistic daily workouts, from 30 to 40 minutes long. You control how strenuous they are.
- Round-trip outings for solo kayakers who want to transport and paddle by themselves.
- Convenience ratings for parking, getting your kayak in the water, and directions to each site.
- Unique ratings for scenery—avoid waterways choked with noisy factories and roaring speedboats! Ticket to Glide will lead you to peaceful waters, and the meditative experience of floating in nature.
- Easy how-to guidance for buying, renting, transporting and paddling kayaks.
Open up the book and get paddling!
Bob Shaw spent 47 years as an investigative reporter and editor at various newspapers before retiring from the St. Paul Pioneer Press in 2022. A Stanford University Knight Fellow, Shaw was twice nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. In retirement, he continues his 20-year obsession with kayaking and is struggling to write his first novel.