Gold Medal Winner: International Book Award in the Travel Category, 2017
Gold Medal Winner: Independent Press Award in the Travel Category, 2017
Silver Medal Winner: Reader's Favorite Award in the Travel Genre, 2017
More a guide to travel than a travel guide, award-winning Destination Earth transforms how you view travel and its relation to Life. It also provides a philosophical framework for embarking on more meaningful and purposeful travels, whether it is an around the world journey, or an exploration of a region, or even a city. Destination Earth is the product of the author's unique 6.5 year continuous around the world journey, during which he visited 70 countries on 6 continents and treated the world as if it were a single destination. From Chile and Argentina to Thailand and Japan, Destination Earth explores the delicate and invisible interconnections of nations and countries, peoples and cultures, and delves deep into all aspects of travel and its transformational power:
- Why long term and world travel is the ultimate university
- How to create a wise-line of travel through any country
- How to go about capturing the Soul of a country
- How to deal with the unpleasant realities of the world while on the road
- Balance the relationship between travel planning and spontaneity
- How a Travel Journey is related to our Life's Journey
- Practical advice on how to plan the exploration of regions and countries
- 25 inspiring travel stories from the author's journey that augment the main text
- 60 color photos from various places around the world
Ideas, experiences, travel stories and photographs are interwoven into a newly created Philosophy of Travel that is practical and easy to read.
Nicos Hadjicostis traveled around the world continuously for 6.5 years without backtracking or returning to his point of departure. His aim was to treat the world as if it were one huge country a single destination. He explored 70 countries on 6 continents delving deep into their peoples cultures and natural wonders. This life-transforming journey inspired his first book Destination Earth: A New Philosophy of Travel by a World-Traveler.
Prior to his long journey Nicos had managed the largest media group in Cyprus for more than a decade. He had become jaded with the business world and abandoned it in order to explore both the world and himself.
"Making the world his friend, considering it a single country, and then distilling from years of first hand experience a philosophy of travel, Nicos inspires and equips his readers not only to maximize the experience, but to maximize the value of the experience." – Rick Steves, Travel Writer and TV Presenter
"An epic journey with a master philosopher." – Daniel Klein, New York Times best-selling author